HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Muzzy vs. Rage
Thread: Muzzy vs. Rage
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 11:19 PM
AKHunterNP
Spike

Originally Posted by carbonrage
first,I am happy to hear your a new bowhunter,the more the merrier.as for your shooting and broadheads,we owe it to the animal,and to the future of our sport,to make clean ,ethical kills.the first thing required is..practice,and more practice.you should be able to put arrows into a 4' circle consistentlyat your max range.if your arrows are fishtailing thats never going to happen.go to a reputable shop and have them tune your setup.good luck and good hunting!
A 4 foot circle? That's a pretty big kill zone for whitetails. The kill zone for the Moose and Caribou up here isn't even that big. Brunsc, do some research on here. Search for bow tuning on this site and others. You don't need to take your bow to any shop to get it tuned. I understand you are only 17 and working two jobs but you don't need to pay $150 per dozen for arrows or $50 for broadheads or any of these high dollar lasers and such. People have been killing deer for years without any of this stuff. There are plenty of good arrows, broadheads and other accessories that won't break the bank and do the job fine. Make sure your arrows are spined properly and take your time tuning your set up. The most expensive equipment in the world will not help you shoot any better if your setup isn't tuned. I was joking in my last post but that was in effect what you were asking. Buy the best that you can afford and tune those in and your good. Make sure your arrows are cut to the proper length and practice on your form. It's just like shooting a rifle, you want to have the same sight picture everytime you shoot.