HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lets talk about light, hardcore, multiple day, backcountry bowhunting gear.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:47 PM
casey012293
Spike

The badlands 4500 is a great pack but if your trips arent going to be longer that 4 or 5 days then a pack like the sacrifice or 2800. I have a diablo for full days and the ultraday for hikes that are only a few hours long. I got mine off www.bugsnbullets.com and got free shipping and free accessories with each of em.

i agree with thermarest for the matress pad. I have the prolite and really am thinking about heading toward a thicker pack mattress like that neoair.

i also like the jetboil that i have been using for four years. water boils so fast it's rediculous.

but boots should almost be on that list especially when you are considering long trips ( though clothing could take a while ) i have kenetrek that i got from that same bugsnbullets.com with free gaiters and shipping and i have had the same pair for 4 years. I have gone on some insanely long hikes in the beartooth wilderness in montana with other long and short hikes. I have also hunted bear, elk, antelope, deer and turkey in them and have not had a better/more comfortable pair of boots previously. I even use them for fishing.