HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Double Tap Ammo
Thread: Double Tap Ammo
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 03:15 AM
Swampdog
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
Never tried their ammo in rifle configuration and have no idea of how they load, but I have tried their pistol ammo. I have found it to be accurate in my Glocks and it does reach advertised velocity. If I remember correctly, they started out offering stout loads for the 10 mm auto and have since expanded. IMO, the pistol ammo is quality stuff and can only guess that that the rifle ammo would be as well.

X2 what he said .They indeed started putting together full power rounds for the 10 because everybody else "Whimped " it down.Also as VA said I have only used their hand gun ammo.For self defense that is the ONLYbrand that I use.I buy for several different calibers and each one performs extremly well.One of the good points about DT is that you can order it with your choice of projectiles.As far as the "secret powder formula" Don't know how they do it but they do get some extreme velocities with their loadings especially with the 10mm .They have 1 load that sends a 135 gr. @1608 f.p.s. out of a 5 inch Glock .That's 'smokin. J.M.H.O.