HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Good bye to a GREAT friend!!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 02:40 PM
SecondChance
Nontypical Buck

Default Good bye to a GREAT friend!!!!

Sad day in my house today for I just had to bury my almost 10yr old best friend yellow lab, Maxx.
My wife tricked me into getting him when we first got together, one of her g-friends had a chocolate male and black female had a litter. He was the only yellow out of the crew. I got him.

Had him out hunting at 8 months and been ever since. This past winter he began with seizures and the vet said that he did not have long for they were going to get worse. I forget the name of what it is the he had, like luekiama I think. As spring came, they stopped. He had one again this past Wednesday eve when I let him out to run and feed and he seemed to go with it and was OK afterwards.

I leave to go to work last night and just get on duty
as my wife calls to say she was out at the garden and let Maxx out to run with our inside dog. She sees him fall over in the yard only to vomit all over himself and loose his bodily functions. She runs inside, calls me on duty and I head home all lit up.
I come flying into my driveway sideways to only find my wife on her knees holding his head on her lap in the pen doorway. She said that he passed away about 10 minutes earlier. He got up out of the yard to only make into his pen, next to his drag around toys, to fall over again. Never to get up again.

Last edited by SecondChance; 09-04-2011 at 07:11 AM.