HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Looking for perfect muzzleloader scope?
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 09:39 AM
Mojotex
Nontypical Buck

My comment is more or less an echo of others already posted. Unless you "need" that high an "X", anything in the 4X to 9X at the top should be plenty for shots out to 200 yards or so. If there is anything I have learned in the past 45 or so years of hunting is that scrimping on a scope is a mistake, and good money wasted. Obviously the top end stuff is going to be excellent ---- but these are in the $1250 - $2000 range. I have such scopes and attest that they may be your so referred to as "perfect" scope .... but you can get a great scope for far less. I would suggest that you look at the Elite line. I understand that the Bausch-Lomb Elite model numbering is changing, but I suspect that regardless of model number, in the $400-$450 range you'll get a good product. I also can from first hand experience strongly recommend the Ziess Conquest line and Leupold Vari-X III scopes. Something in the 1.5-6.... 2-8 .... 3-9x40mm would be a superb choice for a ML rifle.