HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - "They" never get it right
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 06:06 PM
country1
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
i would bet it was a pet er sumthin, just got loose, and noone will come forward cause they prolly didnt have the proper licensing.
I don't believe that line either. When a mountain lion was severely injured (later killed by law enforcement) by a car not far from downtown KC a few years ago, they used that same line. It is my understanding that when they did an autopsy, it was determined this mountain lion had not been a pet or captive animal; and it had been eating wild game.

There have been states where a mountain lion has been killed by the authorities. However, if you ask the wildlife officials of that state they will most likely respond there are no confirmed sightings. Getting a 'confirmed sighting' is almost impossible unless a person who is not part of the wildlife service kills one for proof. I know of incidents where photos or paw prints in hard, compacted snow were shown to confirm a sighting. The response of the wildlife officials was it was a big tom cat. IMO, the wildlife officials quite often are not honest. If we knew what really went on, I believe we would all be shocked.