HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best Conceal carry gun?
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 09:55 PM
Bible_Man
Nontypical Buck

Less is more for everyday carry, in my opinion. I carry a Sig p238 everyday, and LOVE it! Some say a .380 ACP ain't enough, but I haven't run into anyone that wanted to get shot by one. Extremely easy to conceal, accurate and a delight to shoot. Well balanced, mechanically sound and teamed up with the right ammo, a well placed bullet (always the most important thing anyway) will stop any threat from a two-legged beast. From all my experience with CCW, which is far less than most on here I am certain, this is by far the best option for me. Not necessarily for you, but leaps and bounds above the rest for me.

Occasionally I will carry another gun in addition to this one, but more than often not. I frequently team up a S&W airweight .38 special with it, even though it is another small frame/caliber pistol. Even when carrying both of them, I am so comfortable with them on me that I will forget that I am carrying. Even more rarely, I will carry a various full size auto in addition to the p238.

As has been stated, you must be very comfortable with what you end up getting. Practice with it, both shooting and going through scenarios unloaded as much as you can. Nothing is more important than this. You MUST be extremely proficient with your CCW if you plan on it doing you any good, should the rare occasion that you need it present itself to you. I can't tell you what is best for you. I told you what is best for me, even with my large hands, but you have to get your hands on them to find out what is best for you. Glocks are great guns, but they simply do not fit me. They may be the bee's knees for you. Find the gun that fits you well in a caliber that you can handle proficiently and conceal properly and comfortably and then practice, practice, practice. You will be good to go.

P.S. DO NOT skimp on holsters...they are as important as the piece you are carrying.