HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best Conceal carry gun?
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 08:45 PM
scottycoyote
Typical Buck

like country said, youre gonna have a ton of opinions on carry weapons. Youre gonna have to decide how youre gonna carry to decide what kind of gun. Ive been carrying for prob close to 20 years and over time it really comes down to weapon youre confident in thats comfortable to carry. If a gun is such a pain to tote that you leave it at home, its not doing you much good.

if youre going to pocket carry, then youre taking one of the smaller autos like a keltec, micro eagle, or possible a snub revolver like an airweight smith.

if its ankle, again something small....usually a snub or a small auto, possibly one of your baby glocks.

inside the waist band you can pull off a bigger gun, but you need a good belt and to me, something more than about 26oz is just too noticeable to me to be comfortable. The small glocks are in the weight range but they are a little wide for some people.

I rotate my personal carry guns. Most days at work, and just in general, i almost always have a keltec 32 in my pocket. When i feel like having a little more firepower, ill carry a keltec p11 clipped into my waistband. Some times if im dressed up for a night on the town, ill have a taurus pro 45 or a smith airlite 357 on my ankle. Time to time ill carry a fullsized 45 or glock model 22 in my waistband, but its rare.