HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - back to the range
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 08:29 PM
brushbustin
Typical Buck

Default back to the range

Went back to the range today and tried the Barnes TEZ's with 100grs of pyrodex instead of the blackhorn and they shot awful,it was about a 6inch group. I've just come to realize that the barnes T ez's aren't going to shoot good out of my rifle.I've tried 90grs,100grs,110grs and 120grs of blackhorn 209 and 100grs of triple 7 and the best I could get was about 2 to 3 inch groups.So I just went back to what i've been useing for the past 4 years,the Hornady FPB. I've been useing the FPB ever since they came out and have taken 5 deer with them,and have been pretty satisfied.I get great groups with 2 50gr pellets of triple seven.
I wanted to keep useing the blackhorn powder but it just didn't shoot the FPB bullet good,so im off to bass pro to pick up some more FPB's and triple 7. I guess there is no need to try to fix whats not broke. I was just wanting a more "long range" load.The 350gr FPB doesn't seem long range to me.I think im gonna get a pack of the 300gr FPB and see how they shoot. Anyone try the 300gr yet? I wonder if a rifle shoots the 350gr good will it shoot the 300gr FPB good? Anyway,this is what the Hornady FPB has always provided me with,all day every day for the past 4 years.