HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New bow, Mathews eZ7 or Hoyt CRX 32?
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 10:20 AM
BeltedMag
Typical Buck

Default New bow, Mathews eZ7 or Hoyt CRX 32?

I will be replacing my 14 year old PSE this summer. I have been looking around for a new bow, asking fellow bowhunters, doing research on the net and in magazines.
I am looking for something that is no shorter ATA than 32 inches and has at least a 7 inch brace height. Want something smooth, quiet and forgiving. I am way past the super fast, whos got the baddest bow phase. I will use it mostly for hunting deer here in WV and shooting 3D with friends.

I believe i have it narrowed down to two bows. The Mathews eZ7 and Hoyt CRX 32. I have never really been a Mathews fan but can't ignore all the great things said about the new Z7. Everyone that i have talked to that owns one swears by it. I also love the look and feel of the Hoyt bows, i played around with a maxxis last year and it felt great in my hand.

Whatever i get it will be 50-60 pounds and be set at 60. I am getting to old to be pulling 70+ pounds all day shooting 3D or fighting it in the cold during hunting season. If i get the Mathews i will go with the eZ7 because of the slightly longer axle to axle.
Either way it will be set up with quality accessories, probably from QAD, Spott Hogg, G5 etc.

Just curious to see what others have to say about these two choices. If you shoot either i would like to know what you think of them. How accurately do they shoot, how smooth and shock free are they? Any help would be appreciated.

dave