HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Baiting Hog Help (Oahu HI)
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 12:08 PM
Jim Williams
Fork Horn

I Northeast Texas corn soaked in diesel for 2 or 3 day is a slam dunk. The diesel will prevent most other animals from eating the corn. I take a post hole digger and dig down about 2 feet and then fill in the hole alternating the corn and the dirt until the hole is full. Then the rooting starts If you don't want rooting take 4 or 6 inch pvc pipe and drill 3/4" holes all over the pipe then seal one end and attach a small length of chain with a ring on the end so you can stake it down to keep the pipe in the same area. Then I put a sewer clean out fitting on the other end so you can screw out the cap and the put the diesel soaked corn in and replace the cap. The little porkers will roll it around and the corn will come out of the hole. I also dig out a little area about 2' x 4' x 6" deep area and pour in used motor oil. The hogs like to roll around in the oil to get the lice off. I don't know about Hi. hog but it is tried and true method in Texas. On a four wheeler trail we have 4 stands about a 100yds apart and we have shot several hog with our bows in all four locations using these methods this winter. You must have hogs in the area sign before any bait will work. Jim

Last edited by Jim Williams; 03-22-2011 at 12:17 PM.