HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting equipment necessary for deer hunting in PA?
Old 03-16-2011, 03:06 AM
White-tail-deer
Nontypical Buck

Really all you need is a license, 250 Sq. Inches of Orange on your head, chest and back, a gun and some ammo. I hunted in jeans for years when I was a kid, but not being able to sit in cold weather for more than a couple hours without freezing, I purchased a camo hunting suit with insulted pants. The bottom line is if you can't afford to buy hunting clothes, just layer up and hunt in what you have. But there are a lot of high tech clothes out there that will keep you warm and be lighter and quieter than your regular clothes. Buy some boots that are either a 1/2 size too big or I like to purchase the extra wide (EEE) boots in my size. This will give you extra room to put on heavy socks without cutting off your circulation to your feet and keep them warm. As you hunt longer you will buy a bunch of stuff that you use once and wonder why did I buy this, LOL! But really all you need are some good clothes, a grunt tube, a good drag rope, gutting knife, gloves, and a backpack to put it all in and carry a sandwich and water.