HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wolves...Is it true?
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 05:58 PM
steviebiggun
Fork Horn

Default Minnesota wolfs

Hello, I would like to jump in here, I live in west central Minnesota.. Mind you, this is farm county , not the pine forests of northern Minnesota. . A trapper friend of mine who traps coyotes and fox, caught a timber wolf in one his traps on the edge of a cornfield. The dumb S**T called the DNR and reported it, they told him they would be right out, when they arrived, they used a 4x8 sheet of plywood to stand behind as they walked up and let the wolf out of the trap. But before the DNR (crick dicks) got there my friend took some pictures of the wolf in the trap and also noticed, apparently this ones mate, siting and watching him about 50 yds away, these wolves were no further than 1/4 mile from a small dairy farm. Now being there no longer afraid of humans ( these two sure weren't) How long until one of these wolves take a little kid who is waiting for the school bus? (some of the rural driveways are nearly a 1/2 mile long.)
Here's another situation that has now raised its dirty little head. Over the last couple of years cougars have been sited, and photographed with game cameras. One farmer here raises horses, this last fall he had one of his younger ponies with deep scratches on its neck and back, the scratches were severe enough to have the local Veterinarian out and patch this horse up. The Vets personal opinion was that the horse had been bit and clawed by a large cat. Now here’s the funny thing, the farmer reported this incident to our Department of Natural Resources. And there response was “ There are no cougars in this part of the state.” I would like to ask them then. Explain to me the game camera photos?
I personally think the DNR knows of the wolf and cougar problems here in west central Minnesota, but they don’t know what to do about it. So if you deny the problem exists then you don’t have to deal with it.
Its sad to think that some little boy or girl will need to be killed by wolves or maybe one of those nonexistent cougars, before anything is done about it. Of course or Department of Natural Resources. would probably spin it around and blame it on someones farm dog.