HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Too quiet!
Thread: Too quiet!
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 06:56 PM
hunting_chick6
Spike

Originally Posted by Tobe_B
Yeah it is. I like most everything about where I am. I ain't in southern California so I don't have too many wierdos to deal with, but the hunting regulations are terrible. In Texas when I paid for my license I got 5 whitetail tags, a couple mule deer tags, four turkey tags, hip certification, migratory game bird, upland game bird, bowhunting permit, salt and freshwater fishin license all for the grand total of 67 dollars. Out here I have to buy my license, 40 bucks, then every tag after that starts at 30 dollars...and thats a hog tag, which is a nuisance animal. I could shoot all the hogs I wanted in Texas, could even use a knife, which is still the best rush I've ever had, but out here you have to shoot them, no knives, even if you aren't using a catch dog.

Sorry if I am ranting, I'm just irritated at the laws. But at least there is fishing here, I haven't had this much access to fishing since last summer when I was living in the mountains.
It's pretty much the same here in Canada, we only get one buck tag here. So as soon as you get one you're pretty much done for the season unless you'd like a doe. It's not always the way we like it but we have to keep the population up and the big bucks growing!