Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Too quiet!

Old 04-08-2011, 10:09 PM
Spike

An American once told me while he was down hunting that I should never take this place that he would call 'heaven' for granted because there are plenty of people who would kill to live in a place like this. And I guess that goes for you too, Tobe B. You never know how good you have it till it's gone!
Old 07-27-2011, 09:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

The forums have always had moments (okay, long periods I should say) where nothing seems to happen and this drought of posts will sooner or later pick up again. I've been here for a long time and believe it or not, I have seen it lot worse than this. As for you Tobe - I know the feeling of bad hunting here in California. It has been about going on seven years since I have been done any hunting but that is due to the recession we are facing; Hopefully within next couple of years I can get back into it. Just right now, have to focus on the most do than the wants right now. And whereabout in California are you at? I'm in Central and the hunting here is notoriously bad unless you know the right people or know of places that aren't overrun by everyone and then some.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:38 PM
Spike

Tobe, you should be happy. There isn't any water left in Texas and it seems like the hogs left with the water. I've heard river hunting is still good, but after both tanks dried up in June and the lake earlier this month, anything with wildlife is good.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

The forums will pick back up again here in a few weeks. deer seasons will be starting. Deer contests will be starting. All the fun stuff. Speaking of deer contests, start getting your friends signed up on Huntingnet for our youth competition. I plan on starting the official competition page soon here, probably towards the end of august.
-Jake
Old 08-24-2011, 06:38 AM
Fork Horn

work, college, scouting and partying...legal ones of course.