HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Busted! Help!
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2003, 12:26 PM
okiejim

Default Busted! Help!

First day of archery season. I was set up by a corn feeder opposite a buck staging area under thick cover. I saw three bucks within an hour. The first buck saw me from my stand and casually turned and walked back into the cover. An hour later 2 bucks came out of the cover and eating browse but 50 yards from the stand. They never came any closer. That evening 2 minutes before the corn feeder went off the first deer came from a blind spot from my stand and was headed for the feeder. He caught me by surprise and he noticed movement coming from my stand (me dummy). Needless to say he was gone like a bullet out of a rifle. The next day.....nothing! I had cover scent and took many precautions regarding no smell! My treestand is back into the opposite side of the staging area and back into the trees but apparently too much in the open. What are your suggestions about extra camoflage for the stand and myself? Are there tree stand camo that can be put in front of the stand to hide any movement and possibly to shoot out of without hindering the shot? Any help would be great!