HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NY'ers can now use a Draw Lock????
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 06:10 PM
jag101
Spike

Originally Posted by sits in trees
well in NY's new crossbow bill they shot down the use of crossbows for handicapped hunters but threw them a bone and told them you are allowed to attach this "Draw Lock" thingy to your compound which you **** with your feet like a chimp.

well i emailed 7 of the top vertical compound bow companies out there and asked them about using a draw lock device. 5 out of the seven responded and i was told by all 5 of them that they DO NOT recommend the use of a draw lock and that they wouldn't be held responsible for anything that might happen if you decide to put one on one of their bows?

also they stated very clearly that any damage to one of their bows which had a draw lock on it would VOID the warranty????

This "Draw-Lock Thingy" that you so fondly talk about, has been on the market for 16 years, and there are no reports of causing damage to any bow. A Crossbow limb and a compound bow limb are made of the SAME THING. FYI, if you install a high performance chip in your diesl truck, you void the warranty $45.000 truck. Guess what, everyone does it. Does the Draw-Loc void the warranty on some bow, yes. So What! a new set of limbs are just over $100.00. Big Woop! Look at all the money I have saved by not having to buy a crossbow, and I still get to shoot my bow that I spent almost a thousand bucks on. It's a "NO BRAINER" RIGHT???? Try it you'll like it.