HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Trail cammeras and food plots??? What happend to the good ol days?
Old 02-22-2011, 09:46 PM
Poor Man
Spike

Yes its to each their own, I dont want to step on toes. Im mostly aginst high fences. Realy though, I love the unknown adventure and excitement of trophys just apering without ever seeing them, but finding sighn. I see how food plots are a good thing for the deer herd. On my website my dad had no cammeras and still took big bucks because he let small ones walk. Trophy hunting can be done without cameras. I especialy dont like cameras that e mail pictures, I feel it chepens the hunt. When you have several stands and are trying to figure out wich one to hunt, it becomes a gussing game and thats part of hunting. With trail cameras its as follows: their is a big buck by stand one and a giant by stand 6 last night so im going to hunt stand 6 in the morning. Yes he might not be there but its still kind of cheap in my openion. Bottom line is for a 25 year old im extreamly old school. lol