HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Super Slam
Thread: Super Slam
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 10:17 AM
nsdemit
Spike

Originally Posted by RJPOUTDOORS
My son is 11 years old and has been reading at full draw the Chuck Adams story. He has been talking for the past couple of years about how he would like to do the super slam. Is there anyone on here that has done it or is doing it ? Thanks.

i am doing it now. i have 3 species of sheep, 2 elk, 1 caribou, mountain goat and 2 bear from completing it.

there's a lot of species you can get in combo hunts. the deer are pretty easy, although, some of the deer, i just took does. cow tags are cheaper for elk and moose. it's all about putting a strategy together. if you get one a year you'll be done inside of 30 years for sure. you just have to keep putting in for preference points every year. (which i spend a fortune on!!!) the only one i'm putting in for now is desert bighorn in utah. i probably have 10 years left before i get that one (at $70 a year in preference points, plus the tag price in 10 $5000 IN JUST THE TAG!

so far, i've moved from region to region for a couple years gaining residency, then hunting that region unguided. i have no incredible trophies of anything but whitetail, but it sure has been exciting.

i'm doing bighorn in montana this fall, which will be awesome.