HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Oh its starting!
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 10:44 AM
Oneshot7
Nontypical Buck

Report from yesterday:
Got out on the lake, fishing out of my comfort zone for most of the day, got set up in a popular ditch that gets fished a lot, it has the warmest water in the lake since it feeds directly from the powerplant into the lake. We managed two fish out of there, nothing big. Headed out into what is know as the third lake (dike system divideds the lake into 8 parts) Fished some deep drops and missed a couple but nothing big. Head all the way to the seventh lake (water gets colder as you get farther away from the first lake, so different patterns in different lakes) Fished some rocks, my partner caught two dinks. Well after fishing out of our comfort zone (our good pattern doesnt really start until beginning of March really) we decided to try fishing the main flat in the 1st lake and see if the pre-spawn fish are pulling up to feed. We had two bites, I caught mine, and it turned out to be a nice little chunk, just a shade over 4 lbs and the fattest fish I have seen by far. Caught him on a Shim-e-Shad by strike king (cheaper senko)