HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - MT elk fee going from $643 to over $900!
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 10:48 AM
AK Jeff
Fork Horn

The number of B&C whitetails that IL can produce is completely irrelevant. Spending $5k to sit in a box blind, overlooking a corn field in Pike County is about as far from hunting as I ever care to participate in. That's just expensive waiting. I would much rather hunt in Montana, even if I knew with absolute certainty that there was a 0% chance that I'd take a record book buck. The hunt is about the entire experience, and Montana has a hell of a lot more to offer as far as quality hunting experience. That's what they're charging for, and they have every right to do so. I'll point out for like the 8th time in this thread that I'm a non-resident of MT so I'll have to pay more for the privelege to hunt there as well. I don't like giving my money away anymore than the next guy, but I understand the overall economics. If the demand neccessitates a price increase to match the available supply, then so be it. Time will tell. The price may go down, and it may well go up. I guess we'll see.