Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
MT elk fee going from $643 to over $900! >

MT elk fee going from $643 to over $900!

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

MT elk fee going from $643 to over $900!

Old 03-25-2011, 06:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Hurricanespg
If info from another forum is to be believed Montana's plan is backfiring a bit. Apparantly there are around 2000 Deer/Elk combo tags leftover as of March 24.
No surprise there. Did they think everybody was stupid?

At least they can hunt wolves now.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

The last ten years or so most of the states have proven that they could care less what the average hunters think IMHO!!!
Old 03-28-2011, 08:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

If info from another forum is to be believed Montana's plan is backfiring a bit. Apparantly there are around 2000 Deer/Elk combo tags leftover as of March 24.
Good, serves them right! This will help the hunters though, less hunter numbers means much better elk hunting.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just posted a new post about this....also just read it in another forum...

no surprise...100% draw for the big game combo, 15,000 applied for 17,000 tags.

which is the reason I sat this one out, I wanted a bonus point this year but not a tag, and returning the tag for a 80% refund, essentially would make that a $200 bonus point, no thanks!

MT needs to fix this dilemma already! non-res should be able to apply for just a limited entry tag without having to first draw a general tag which btw no one wants! unless they have some private access somewhere, but when the only general regions open with bull tags and public land essentially amounts to region 3, I say stay home! elk #'s are way down, they should be limiting this area anyway.