HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - MT elk fee going from $643 to over $900!
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 09:38 AM
justhuntitall
Typical Buck

[quote=beech18;3769639]

Salul I think what AK Jeff meant by IL is crap can be summed up bu this statement. How many people from IL do you see wanting to hunt Montana? And how many people from Montana do you see wanting to hunt IL? I agree with you though, IL has some good whitetails, as does Iowa, Kansas, Missouri too.
[quote=beech18;3769639]

Well that's comparing apples to oranges there is a huge population difference MT has 900,000+ I think IL is 12.9 mil.

From 1980 to 2001 IL has had more Bone and Crockett bucks then any other State I don't think MT made it to top 10.

Like I said different demographics, If IL had Elk I wouldn't leave home. I have hunted out west most my adult life first hunt was when I was 20 and now 39 haven't missed a year yet never felt the need to hunt MT .

I know when Co. raised there tags from $250 to what was it $500 . They took a major hit in revenue all the small shops we would get supplies for years were throwing a fit talking about closing up some did and you would see new owners ever other year. The Hunters you would see year after year were gone just a few left of the old crowd now ya see new hunters or guys that would come ever 2 years.
Then Co dropped cow tags back to $250 trying to bring some back I dont think it helped tho.
I guess we will see what will happen .