HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - MT elk fee going from $643 to over $900!
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 08:15 AM
beech18
Fork Horn

jerry brings up a very good point that Ill take 1 step further to explain one aspect. You also get to hunt pheasants, grouse, etc with your combo lic that you bought to go deer or elk hunting. After you tag out you can grab the shotgun and go bird hunting. I checked North Dakota web site for pheasant prices as it seems most people think Montana is screwing the non resident. Non resident North Dakota small game that they can hunt for 2 7 day periods within there season for pheasant, comes to 100.00 figuring in the habitat fee. Montana is giving you a 100.00 value based on North Dakota fees within your deer/elk tag. Just another view to look at.

Salul I think what AK Jeff meant by IL is crap can be summed up bu this statement. How many people from IL do you see wanting to hunt Montana? And how many people from Montana do you see wanting to hunt IL? I agree with you though, IL has some good whitetails, as does Iowa, Kansas, Missouri too. Go ahead though and return your lic for the 80% if you draw like you say, your only benifiting Montana even more, good way to send a message that the non residents do not like there new system.. They took 20% of your money to return the lic, and then in return notify applicants who missed the draw, like a 2nd chance, offer to buy the lic. I know this how, my brother is a non resident and had this happen to him. So if you want to send Montana a message about you not liking the raise in fees, your theory is doing the opposite. Dont think the state of Montana is going to take a "hit" on you returning your lic, they have there bases covered.

Want to talk about unfair. Interesting. The new Eastmans. Check it out. Page 86 in the MRS section. They're opinion... Quote "Wyoming takes the cake for socking it to the nonresidents financially"