HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - MT elk fee going from $643 to over $900!
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 06:32 AM
txhunter58
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by beech18
I agree the wolves need to be managed by the state instead of the fed's. I dont think raising lic fees has any bearing weather or not the general sportsman will fight or not fight against the tree hugger on this issue.

Speaking of raising the lic fee's. I actually know of some non residents who dont mind the idea. They are looking at the wide picture, not the narrow view. They like to hunt, working class with familys. Yeah they dont like the 300 odd dollar raise, but they think the odds of drawing is going to be much better becuase of some people not applying because of this reason. Which means they mabey can go hunting every year instead of having years they dont draw while they sit at home and watch the next guy hunt. 300 dollars in todays world, less than dollar a day. Less than 1 coffee a day, or a pop. Dont take much to make up for the raise in fee's if your priority is wanting to go hunting in Montana.
Yep and what about when they raise it to $1200, $1500..........ect?? What is fair as the top? Whatever the market will bear? Say what you will, but by your own admission, there will be less people applying, many due to being finally priced out. Add the price increase to wolves in the southwest part of the state where I have hunted and just can't swallow the package.