HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sharpshooters
Thread: Sharpshooters
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 03:38 PM
DocD
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ADVWannabee
Sharpshooters my @55. I love reading that in newspapers. It is marketing speak to calm the masses so they don't worry about guns being shot in their neighborhood. They are paid hunters, no more skillful than anyone on this forum. Its not like they have army snipers doing the shooting.

I agree with you, let people bow hunt if they don't trust us with guns. Many hunters would probably even pay an extra fee to get the chance to stock the freezer.
In urban areas that are overrun with deer this is a good method to reduce the herd and typically they receive so much $ per kill, most areas require that the shooters show their skill , maybe no more then some on the forum but more skillfull then most, as far as letting bow hunters do the job, this is done in many area's also, but they must show their skill as well. these hunts typically take place in populated areas and skillful shooters are a must. they can't have a bunch of wounded deer running around the "Hood".

Originally Posted by Bob H in NH
These guys typically ARE good shots. The one that happened in NH years ago, they took 99 deer with 100 head shots, one deer took two shots.

It's the PC and quick way, to do herd reduction.

Once done, here in NH at least, they allowed hunting to keep it in check.
Well said, Doc