HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - MT elk fee going from $643 to over $900!
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 04:48 AM
Oletrapper
Spike

Default Lottery

Originally Posted by txhunter58
AK: Yes, I noticed your location, just figured from your prospective you must have some ties to MT, but the arguments still hold weight either way.

And I guarantee with the economy where it is, if enough people would do what I said, there would be some downward action on the price. For me, I won't be applying, but I am sure they will still sell out to the more affluent.

Oletrapper: yes, you put in for a drawing (Lottery) already in MT
Didn't know. Kentucky has a lottery here. It's 10 bucks. Your up against 48K to 60K. If you win you still have to spend $30.00 for the tag. Big whoop. If you are drawn and a non-resident the license is $365.00. Not a bad deal but the odds are astronomical. $10+$30+$365. Most people can afford that. Of course there is the cost of the guide, lodging, food, etc. I have put in every year since it started. Not a smell. I know several in my end of the state that have been drawn for cow tags however. Our herd is new but expanding rapidly. Fish and Wildlife here says it is very possible the next world record could come from KY. We shall see. OT