HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - This big ol storm and goin hunting?
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 04:15 AM
GTOHunter
Nontypical Buck

I have went out before a big storm and after one Hunting,the Deer will be moving and eating before and after and Your chances of getting one are probably pretty good.Our Hunting Season is over but I plan on going out and throwing a little corn down for the Deer,checking my trail camera's and doing some Coyote Hunting...this is when they are really hungry and food can be scarce so calling them in is so much easier and You can see them moving much better when there's a nice thick/deep layer of snow on the ground!

We actually got more Freezing Rain here in Southeast Missouri,then it started snowing later on and we have a nice white blanket of snow on top of the ice...Yikes!!
I have to be careful because we have a lot of tree limbs snapping off and falling at a moments notice so it can be pretty dangerous if the wind picks up the limbs can't take the pressure and added movement and my yard looks like a War Zone with busted limbs covered with ice laying all around!I'm sure its going to be twice as dangerous out in the Woods and big timber with old tree limbs breaking off and falling from 20-30 feet up and more!

Last edited by GTOHunter; 02-02-2011 at 04:17 AM. Reason: bad spelling