HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Senate Bill 850 Defeated
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 04:17 AM
VAhuntr
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
Well, I understand why they are telling me they don't want it, but I don't agree with it. Several of them are very religious and want to spend Sunday morning at Church. They seem to think that people will go hunting instead of to Church. My theory is that if they would rather hunt than go to Church, that's probably what they are going to do.
I would go to church in the morning and hunt in the afternoon.

They also seem to believe that Sunday is a day of rest, and don't have any desire to hunt, nor do they have an desire for anyone else to be hunting on their land. They other 6 days of the week they are all for hunting, and allow any of us that want to hunt on their land hunt.
How many people truly follow the day of rest on Sunday? Why can't they just tell you, NO hunting on my land on Sunday? After all it is their land.

I don't really agree with it, and I'd like to see hunting on Sunday allowed, but I've really been surprised by how many people that aren't anti hunting that have told me they don't want to see it passed.
As I have said many times, I don't see why a hunter wants to deny another hunter the CHOICE to hunt on Sunday. Seems greedy and selfish to me.

So not only is this a fight against anti hunters, but you are also in a fight against other hunters too.
I would much rather see a hunter shooting a deer on Sunday then see some of these localities that hire sharpshooters to keep the herd in check.
My responses in red. I was glad to hear that the VDGIF spoke in favor of it in front of the committee.