HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What do you think of this Ladder Tree Stand?
Old 01-09-2011, 05:17 AM
Ancient Archer
Spike

Good feedback guys.
  • I contacted the local Dick's store & they don't have any ladder stands in stock, so that's no longer an option.
  • The Gear Guide ladder stand at Sportsman's Guide noted above would be bought by me signing on as a member for $29.99.
  • That would reduce the ladder price by $11.
  • I have a $5 coupon that can be applied against the cost of this item.
  • The normal shipping of $14.97 would be waived, but I would have to pay $20 for a heavy/bulky item so I don't think they would completely waive the shipping for an order over $100.
  • They would give me (2) $10 coupons for future use as a member.
  • They would apply my membership to an item price now on back order and
  • Combine the shipping to save a bit more.
  • All in all it would cost ~$144 (not including the (2) $10 coupons)and I would have a year's membership. This would be only $4 more than the same price I would pay if I bought this outright as a non-member, so I end up with a one-year membership for $4.
I think I answered the valid comments about the cost side of purchasing this item. However, I'm hoping some current, or previous users would comment, as I would still like to know what your opinion is of the stand itself, mainly the quality of construction.

More comments would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Ancient Archer; 01-09-2011 at 05:19 AM.