Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
What do you think of this Ladder Tree Stand? >

What do you think of this Ladder Tree Stand?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What do you think of this Ladder Tree Stand?

Old 01-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Spike

I bought the ladder stand. Now the wait. I probably will set it up this spring starting at the 10' height, then progressing to 15' and then 20'. I don't get along well with heights, so I'll have to work my way up to get comfortable enough to use it in the dark.
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c....aspx?a=650788

Thanks to all for your comments.

Last edited by Ancient Archer; 01-10-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Spike

My words of caution regarding the Sportsman's Guide membership!

Once you have the membership oh so many things become so tempting to buy. Seriously!
Old 01-11-2011, 03:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good Luck with it! I like hunting out of my ladder stands. Get some blind material (I buy mine at Walmart) and a roll of those velcro straps and attach it to the shooting rail to conceal your movement while you are in the stand. I hope you shoot a nice one out it!
Old 01-12-2011, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Thanks! It's wonderful . . .

to know that I won't be the one to carry a 90 lb. tree stand, 200 yards into the woods.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:26 AM
Typical Buck

Ours arrived yesterday! We began to put it together (top part only of course, its freakin huge) and found that the directions were tiny (literally) and that it was kind of an adventure to put it together. But once we did we were very impressed. Thank You Ancient Archer for turning us on to this and SG for supplying

BigBuck95
Old 01-18-2011, 04:23 AM
Spike

I received the ladder stand yesterday and I must say that I'm really impressed. It is very well made, the paint job is excellent, the weld beads are very good, and the double rail is a great feature, one that will make the stand very stable. A purchase I'm really glad about.

Last edited by Ancient Archer; 01-18-2011 at 04:37 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:39 PM
Spike

I have one of these stands. I have no problem with it. Good price,good stand. Shot a real nice 11 pointer out of it this year.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

i have that stand set up on one of our places. Set mine up as a 14 footer. It is a good solid stand. The seat would be a bit narrow for a big guy.