HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ongoing First Shot Inconsistency - Ideas??
Old 01-07-2011, 06:53 AM
Breechplug
Nontypical Buck

I Hunt and Shoot on a Fouled Barrel, the MLer shoots just where it's suppos-to when the Barrel's Fouled. On a Clean Barrel you just never know exactly where the Bullets going to hit, it may be close but I want it to be on, not close.
But when you said you (did'nt) use a Brush the second time when you cleaned your MLer that would meant there's still a smal amount of Fouling in the Barrel. But you also said the Sabot loaded (easier) without the Brushing, this does'nt make sence to me as it should have had a littler more resistance without the Brushing then when you did brush it?? So I cant answer this one......
If it was the other way around where you did Brush the Barrel I'd say your MLer likes a Fouled Barrel.
So I guess you'll just have to follow your Original Cleaning Routine and use the Brush and then see if this makes a difference and your Bullet hits in the same spot when doing so. I still dont see how the Bullet loads easier when it is not Brushed vs when it is.
(BP)