HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shameless tool David Morris
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 11:04 AM
burniegoeasily
Dominant Buck

Nope, not at all what Im saying. Let me be a little more clear.

Cheating is all in the mind of the hunter. If ones goal is to harvest a fair chase deer, and he chooses to harvest one over a feeder, behind a fence, etc he is only cheating himself. Nothing unethical about high fences, cheating is all about the goals of the individual hunter.

QDM=quality deer management

OAM= quality antler management. Let’s face it, how many people put up high fences to manage quality does?

I personally have no issue with high fences, or how one hunts. This tit for tat can reach all the way back to stick bows compared to compounds. I personally only hunt with bows I build. I build them from native trees and natural materials. No glass at all. That is what I choose, I set my goals to push myself. Does that make me better than a gun hunter or a compound hunter? Nope. It is simply the way I enjoy it. Just like a compound hunter finds enjoyment in what he does, same for a gun hunter. Do I shot deer with compounds or a gun? I have. I do not get any enjoyment from it, but there are times when I have not harvested all my does, so I’ll get out a longer range weapon to finish filling the freezer. In other words, using a gun or a compound is cheating for me, due to my expectations and nothing more.

As for the guy in question here, I have no clue. I do not watch hunting shows.