HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Zeiss over Leupold?
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 07:00 AM
fritz1
Nontypical Buck

[QUOTE=homers brother;3751359]The last person I'd consult would be a professional hunter. Most are walking commercials for anyone who'll sponsor them. As well, big differences between a guide on fenced land and one who guides on public land.

I dont know any professional hunters that are sponsered by anyone, yeah their are a few that are on t.v., but the ones that are out there working for a living and dont have a t.v. show are deffinitly not being paid by anyone but there client. As far as guides that guide on fenced land, dont know any of those either, I can give names and numbers to dozens of guides and outfitters here and all over the country that do it on public land. No fence hunting, they do it the hard way, same as I do, I never have nor will I ever hunt behind a fenced game ranch. I dont use guides, I have been quiet sucsessful hunting the National Forrests here in Idaho, and have several trophy deer (one, Boone & Crocket and couple that almost makes it, Several Pope and Young), elk (several 300-350 class bulls) and bear (several Pope and Young) that I can be very proud of. NONE KILLED BEHIND A FENCE, beleive it or not, some people just know how to hunt and dont have to buy there trophies. But if you are looking for a guided hunt on public land let me know, I am in the process of getting my guide license.
Here is where I hunt, PURE WILDERNESS!!! no high fences or game ranches here, hell there isnt even any roads.

Last edited by fritz1; 01-02-2011 at 08:01 AM.