HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Triple kill!
Thread: Triple kill!
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 11:00 AM
Scottdnramember
Fork Horn

MC, If your deer herd is anything like ours, I think that shooting these 3 in one sitting (hunt) is not only fine, but what difference does it make over shooting one one day the others over other days? The Limit is the Limit and filling doe tags is not only legal its part of good game management. Nothing much better than does for the freezer, especially small ones. Sorry if that hurts any feelings but its like a fish that is a “Good Eatin’ Size”

I also get the shooting of a small buck with obvious genetic flaws or one with weird rack to get it out of the gene pool. About the only thing I’d say is, you have a bit more good meat on those necks that is really good in the grinder with the shoulders. You can usually get two nice pieces from the bottom of the neck that run almost to the head and two more ok ones from the spine on up to the head.

Like you I think the meat on the ribs is so full of junk that it is best to feed your foxes with them. If I ever ran into anyone who liked them, I would gladly supply them! HA.