HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - doe bleat in a can
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2003, 08:48 PM
Farnsworth

Default RE: doe bleat in a can

The Cans WORK! Or they don' t. But all the regulars in my shop use them. One killed a nice 8 point yesterday that clearly came to the call. (BTW I told him it was too early for the can) We have taken or called dozens of deer in the past few years with these.

Thru my grunt calls away and use the cans. Deer coming to the can are more carefree and not tense. Coming to a grunt, the bucks seemed to be on edge and had a tendency to find me. Cans are a Sat night dance call to the bucks.

I use small cans early and switch to larger later in the year. I have learned to get ready to shoot as soon as you call with these. Friend was caling from a tripod last year and bleated several times, looked around, and finally set the can on the tripod grating floor. That is when he saw the buck calmly staring up into the tripod at him. Even had a small buck sneak up behind me in TX and stick his head in the blind with me. Really wish the wife hadn' t been there to see me scream like a girl and try to get out of the other side of the blind.

Love' em or hate' em use what you have confidence in.