HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Leapers Scope fans???
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 08:33 PM
hometheaterman
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dpv
for $99 you can get a refurbished Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40. Haven't heard anything bad about them. I have one that I bought new and am very happy with it. I'll definitely be saving the 50+ bucks for the next couple rifles I scope by going refurbished.
Last I checked you could get a new non refurbished Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 for $99. I'd never buy a refurbished Nikon just because they warranty is only 90 days. To me there isn't enough savings over new to give up the lifetime warranty though.

The Burris FFII is on sale at SWFA for $119 right now in 3-9x40 and is a much better scope than the Prostaff.

That being said, why would you even consider a Leapers? If I had to go with a cheap scope I'd go with Simmons, Bushnell, or Tasco for the most part. The Center Point 4-16x40 gets good reviews, but optically it's not that great. I've read it's the same as the Leapers. I've had experience with the Center Point, but not the Leapers one that's the same. The rest of the Leapers I've witnessed as well as have heard about have been crap.