HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Your views on DNR using decoys to nab poachers
Old 12-23-2010, 02:32 PM
Shoulder Strap
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Schobs
But cops do the same thing in areas with high auto theft rates. They set up "bait" cars and wait for someone to steal them, then arrest them. It's no different. I don't see how this would be a form of the GWs being unnecessarily forceful or expressing too much authority.

IMHO if you do nothing wrong, you should have no problem with the GWs being out there doing everything they can to catch those who aren't so law-abiding. I'd rather be stopped by a warden every time I'm hunting or fishing and know they're out there than never get stopped.

I wish there were 100X more wardens out there than there are, but that's not something that's feasible. Hopefully these sorts of tactics will not only get the offenders that are caught off the wrong path for a while, but also serve as a deterant to others who might consider violating.
Some of your opinions might change if you were to have them pester and harass you. I think its wrong for them to drive on private land then start demanding things. Then when they dont find anything they say well we had a call. B.S. The land owner can tell them to leave but they will call the state patrol and say that simple cause you told them to leave you must be hiding something. There is that gray area I was talking about. Most that I have met are smart elects and arrogant. By the way I have never had a wildlife violation.