HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - blood trails
Thread: blood trails
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 07:48 AM
ButchA
Giant Nontypical

I too am colorblind (I know - it really sucks. )... I have heard of a number of products that make the blood "glow", so anyone can easily follow the blood trail.

Check out this product called "Blood Glow". It looks pretty cool, but I have never used it.

http://bloodglow.com/store/index.php...=index&cPath=1

I am more of a gun hunter (.308 rifle w/ scope) than I am a bowhunter (i.e. Bang! ....Flop.) I lost a beauty of a buck about 2 years ago with my bow, which still bothers me to this day. I literally couldn't find the blood trail at all and had no help. I ended up calling a buddy, and he and I tried and tried to find the buck, but the blood trail ran out and the buck was never found.

There's also some LED flashlights on the market, that have different colored lenses, that help make blood appear better. But again, I haven't used them.

I hope this helps a little. I just know how frustrating it is being color blind and how weird it is seeing blood literally disappear on the ground, on leaves, dirt, grass, weeds, and then you call a buddy over and he looks at you like, "Duh!" and instantly follows the blood trail...

BTW... Welcome to the forum!!!