HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Switching back to Aluminums
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2003, 07:51 AM
BuckAlley
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Switching back to Aluminums

Seems to me some of you guys that tried carb' s are not getting the correct spine tolerances to your setups. Its as important if not more than shooting the correct sized aluminum. If you bought the incorrect size alum, your bow would have ill effects as well! I made the switch to carb' s 5yrs ago. I got tired of buying a new dozen alums every year after bending them on 3d courses or other guys denting them from hitting my shafts. Don' t get me wrong there' s nothing wrong with alums, but I shoot alot, and found carb' s to be best for me. I will tell you they do need a little more attention to setup. I spin every new arrow at both tip & nock ends. I have found a couple in each dozen to not be perfect. I put those aside for them bonus pt. metal targets. I must admit though I did just recently buy a new dozen Easton Buckeye' s for hunting shafts, and they all spun perfect. I was surprised. As far as the insert placement & broadhead alignment. Simple fix. Screw on your broadheads, then fletch your shafts to align!
So I suggest don' t toss carb' s aside as crap if didn' t get the correct spined shafts to begin with. Oh by the way I robinhooded my 1st two shot Buckeye' s when shooting them with broadheads!