HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bushnell Bone Collector problems? or batteries?
Old 12-12-2010, 08:15 AM
littlearrow
Nontypical Buck

TSR6: If you had fog in the area, this may cover the lens. It will still detect movement but you will not be able to see what caused it. I have had this happen to mine. If your camera is close by, try setting it to video, maybe 30 second with a 10 or 15 second delay. In the video, it will clearly show streaks of rain or falling snow providing it is either raining or snowing. Video will show any movement of grass, leaves or branches that a picture will not show.
You could even set the camera up in the house where there is lots of family movement. Your pictures or videos may become over exposed due to the closeness of walls, windows etc.
Also, make sure to format your SD card in the camera. For cards I am able to use: SanDisk, Kodak, Verbatim and Adapta. Bushnell recommended SanDisk.
Adapta is a new card out in Canada, and I have had excellent pictures and videos with it. I use 2GB as some of my other cameras were limited to this size. All cards are formatted in my computer, and what ever one I use for my Bushnell is formatted in the camera.
With my 2009 model, I have found if the lower 4 batteries are reading a lower voltage, you will get random length videos at night, not the full length (30 second) that I have mine set for. I do not rely on the battery indicator bar as this will not give a true reading when cold. It may show low battery when actually your battery could be fully charged but just not putting out the full voltage when cold. I always carry a digital multimeter.
The top 4 batteries are wired in series. The bottom 4 batteries are wired in series. Now, the two sets are wired in parallel. This is why your camera is only receiving 6 volt in stead of 12 volt. In my 2009 model, for some reason it seems to require good voltage in the lower set of four batteries.
Hope this helps. Good luck.

Last edited by littlearrow; 12-12-2010 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Spelling error