HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bushnell Bone Collector problems? or batteries?
Old 12-11-2010, 06:06 PM
TSR6
Fork Horn

I was using:

3-shot picture
10-sec delay
Max quality

Total I had probably shot 600 pictures before this "event" - normally I would average 50-100 pictures per each time I would swap the memory card out ( once a week). Mind you - at least 10-15 of these were me setting up the camera ( lock box, security cable & padlock take long enough to trip it a couple times on the 10sec delay)

Then all of a sudden I had 600 pictures over a ~2 week period ( i went on vacation ) so I got really excited... lol... Especially when the first 10-15 were me, then the next 40 or so were all deer & coyotes.... then all of a sudden I would have about 50 "dud or empty" pictures in between any sort of wildlife at all.

It did rain & snow, but it doesnt seem as if that tripped any of the picture. I wouldnt say its branches/wind, as when i use slide-show, I dont see a difference in any of the duds other than the varying light levels (most are night shots, but some are day shots too)

I would rather NOT send this back to Bushnell if I dont have to - it sucks that I'd have to pay for shipping for something that is their problem.

Is it a slim chance that it's actually the battery/software - or would you all agree its probably hardware? I'd like to use it at least through the new year - but if its going to take 600pics a pop, thats not worth my time...