HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - remington or dpms
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 11:31 AM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

Of the two I would pick the DPMS. The Remington R-25 is WAY over priced, and the only option they have for their triggers is a heavy "lawyer trigger". The only disdain I have for the DPMS is again the triggers, I wish they'd put a 2 stage target trigger on more of their rifles, but the DPMS trigger is about equal to that of the Remington R-25.

Personally if it were me, my money would be spent on a Bushmaster .308 ORC (Optics Ready Carbine) or the Armalite AR-10. I have had several AR-15's and a few AR-10's, and for the money, the Bushmasters and Armalites are far and away the best production AR platform rifles on the market. Higher quality and performance than the higher priced Colt's and Remingtons, and better quality than the Rock River Arms and DPMS. Of all the AR platform rifles I've had, I've whittled it down to a Bushmaster Superlight Carbine A3 .223rem, a Bushmaster Varminter Special .223rem, a Wilson Combat UT-15 (hehe!), and an Armalite AR-10A4 .308win. I also built a heavy barreled 6.8mm SPCII upper (DPMS receiver) that I use for deer on my superlight carbine lower.

It's hard to beat the Bushmasters or Armalites. If you're dead set on either a Remington or DPMS, I'd get the DPMS and use the money I saved to put a new trigger on it.