HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wanting Info on Nonresident deer combo hunt for 2011
Old 12-05-2010, 04:05 PM
tylerstem
Spike

Default Wanting Info on Nonresident deer combo hunt for 2011

I have spent my life hunting whitetail in GA. Next year I will be venturing out of state with hopes of great scenery and the small chance of seeing/hunting some big whitetail/mulleys. Myself and some guys from the fire department where we work are trying to plan a trip to montana and hope to draw a deer combo tag. I have some questions I hope someone can make clear to me. I know we have to put in for the draw for the combo tag, but along with that do we have to put in to draw certain units? I am alittle confused on how that works. I called Montana Fish and Game, but the lady I talked to seemed to be mad at the world and didnt want to help me out. I am totally new at all this drawing tags stuff so any and all info will help. Also, if we do have to put in to draw certain units, what units will have the greatest opportunity of us drawing? I read in Field and Stream about hunting the Northern area of MT, around Fort Peck and the upper Missouri River(700, I think), just curious as to how all the draws work and realistic chances in drawing. Also, with the BMA's, if its a Type II where do you go to get permission. As said earlier, brand new at all this and trying to get all info to be able to plan the best possible trip of hunting/camping without a guide.