HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ButchA scores!!! Woo-hoo!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 04:36 AM
ButchA
Giant Nontypical

Hey guys, I'm back home in Virginia (I got home around 6:00pm yesterday evening), after a great hunting trip up in New York.

My 5 point buck yielded this much meat (professionally done by a processing center):

6 packages of meatloaf (ground venison + the added meat mixture from the butcher's own family recipe).
4 packages of ground venison (i.e. hamburger)
4 venison stew cuts
8 venison steaks
6 venison backstraps
2 venison tenderloins
2 venison roasts

I had to bring it all home in 3 coolers with ice. Thank God it's the end of November and chilly outside, because all the meat was still frozen and unharmed during the 9 hour ride in a cooler in the back of my truck.

The processing center I went to was called The Farmer's Place http://www.joesfarmersplace.com
If you're ever in upstate New York, and need a processor, these guys are amazing!

They put in a "rush order" since I was out-of-state, and got the deer done in time for me to head back to VA. What was kind of funny, is after really checking the deer over, he was a 6 pointer, but somebody (probably the monster 10 pointer that all the locals were talking about) literally beat the crap out of him, and busted off his G3 tine, making him into a 5 pointer.