HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - sighting in Savage 220F edited: results!
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 06:42 PM
ol eagle eyes
Spike

Ok todays results were much better. No wind and I think I figured the Lead Sled issue out. Actually it was pretty simple I dont know why I didnt think of it earlier. Instead of facing the table perpendicular (sitting behind table) I rotated it and sat beside it. That way I could get in a natural shooting position. I also filled up some gallon size ziplocks with sand and weighted the rest down some too.

I set the target back out to 100, shot a so-so group that seemed a tad high so I made one final adjustment down, put on a new target and one final group. Every shot but 1 was touching, although strangely in a perfect line. The one that went high was high by about the same width as my group so not to worried about that one. It didnt happen unless there is a pic right? So I attached a pic of my group of 4 in a line and 1 a bit high.

I was planning on being 2.69" high and I think before my last adjustment I was there, but I cranked it down slightly. Its still good enough I am not going to touch it.
Attached Images