HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What’s the proper balance of family (or significant other), chores and hunting?
Old 11-22-2010, 07:45 AM
M92
Spike

Originally Posted by CutEm
I agree, it is just seasonal so we need to be out in the woods now but family is something we can't neglect. I am learning that.
But at the same time they need to understand that they are not going to get a hundred percent of your time.

Back when I was younger I dated a woman for a long time, during off season she didn't want to spend all waking hours with me. We were just together a fair amount of time, like you would expect from a couple that had been together for a year or more. But come hunting season if I wasn't with her every second of my off time from work I was the badguy.

Yeah she was an extreme example. But I find a lot of relationships are like that to one degree or another. Its almost like they want to see how much they can keep you away from it without you complaining, and if you do complain then you are the bad guy. If they have to complain you are the bad guy.