HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - just watched a guy shoot a deer from the road
Old 11-20-2010, 10:11 AM
bristowboy_20
Typical Buck

I saw something like this happen once. Only the deer was hurt or something. It was standing out in a field next to the road and 2 guys were standing 10 feet from it talking about it. It just stood there looking at them. We left and came back about half an hour later and the deer was still standing there. A different truck was there this time and a guy got out and he had a gun. We stopped and talked to him. He said he thought the deer must have gotten hit by a car so he walked up to it and put a bullet in it. The deer didnt look hurt. it walked around a little bit and acted fine other than the obvious fact that it wasnt running from the people. (coulda been someones pet I guess) But this guy didnt shoot from the road. He walked 50 yards into the field.

AND one night we hit a doe so we called a cop. Before the cop got there the doe just laid there. STILL ALIVE. She got up and started walking. I got out of the car and walked up to her and just kept my hand on her back and guided her around in circles until the cop got there. She was hurt. The cop got out and shot at her 12 times and she didnt flinch. Then my brother asked the cop if he could shoot it because he had a shotgun in the car with slugs. So the cop said yeah. One shot is all it took. 10PM at night. Thats the only reason we didnt just shoot her right away. Oh yeah.. Brother was standing on the highway too. Just thought I'd share.