HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lake Effect Snow and MLing
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 12:51 AM
Breechplug
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
Today (this morning) was over cast and freezing drizzle. Then a few flakes fell during the day. They are calling for snow tonight and tomorrow so it will add to the white on the ground. Then a few days without snow and the big storm should come rolling in.

Don't you love living near the Great Lakes in Winter.
Ya Dave that Alberta Clipper is headed your way, then here, nothing beats a Good Northern Winter with lake Effect Snow.
Well I just got up, the Dang Weatherman LIED again! those High Winds were suppos-to be twords Buffalo and miss us but as I write this the Blue Spruce Trees in my yard are bending. But it's Opening Day and you have to take what you get I guess, the Wife wants to go back to Bed, she's probably the only Smart one.
If anyone know's how our Opening Day's can be (Fellow NYers) than you know we've had Pouring Rain, Snow so deep we could'nt even Hunt, over 3 feet, Temps in the mid 60's, WIND, and if were ever so Luck we sometimes get a Nice Cool Calm Day, but not very often.
But besides the Hunt, today means more to me. It is seeing some Guy's I have'nt seen since Last Huting Season, still being able to do what we Love and to remember some of the Older Guy's that taught us oh so much that are no longer with us. Even though there gone they still feel like there here with us in Spirit.
A Nice Deer today will only be a Plus to all the other things Opening Day has to offer.
God Bless America and all of you! Wish Me (us) Luck.
(BP)