HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - why is bow hunting like a drug?
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 09:26 PM
sixgunluvr
Fork Horn

Default Ditto

Originally Posted by ManofTheFall
I am just like you are. I really don't know the answer. I used to strictly gun hunt and it didn't bother me if I went or not. But, when I picked up the bow everything changed. As a matter of fact I don't even pick the gun up anymore. I am strictly a bowhunter now. It was like I became a whole different person. The one thing you said that sticks out that I say to my wife is it is who I am, it is part of me. I don't know if it's the challenge, or knowing everytime you go out there is that chance that big one you've been waiting for may walk past. I have a shirt that says, Bowhunting, The Drug There Is No Cure For! This is definitely a true statement when it comes to me.
Couldn't have said it better myself. It's the challenge the adrenaline and the love of all the prep and gear that go into it...my rig, my arrows, climber, the early fall atmosphere and the fact that the men in orange aren't blasting away yet. And the best part...being tucked in the leaves 20ft. up and looking down on a nice buck that has no idea your there.